What is a 'Chapter'?
What is 'H.O.G.'?
H.O.G. stands for: Harley Owners Group.
It's the biggest motor company sponsored owners group in the world, with over a million members and 1,400 'Chapters'.
What's Sydney Chapter All About?
Sydney Chapter was established in November 2006. We are made up of a passionate group of volunteers that form a Committee, a team of dedicated and trained 'Road Captains' that plan and run the rides and 300-odd members that love to ride and have fun!
We organise rides:
- on most weekends (sometimes Saturdays, sometimes Sundays)
- 4 times a year on a Wednesday (just because)
- whenever there is a full moon on a weekend with no ride the next day
- for charity (Youth Off The Streets, Cure Brain Cancer, YoungCare)
- rallies (a huge coming together of Chapters from around Australia)
- and social Chapter meetings on the 1st Tuesdays of each month (don't worry, theres no formality here).
Even if you have lived in Sydney all your life, you will see places while riding with Sydney H.O.G. that you never knew existed. You'll also see most parts of NSW and Australia. Check out the map at the bottom of our History page for all the places we've ridden across this big brown land.
What Type Of People Join A Chapter?
We come from all walks of life and we're not 'bikies', although to the untrained eye, we turn heads when riding in a group of 50 all wearing leather vests and patches. Under all that, we could be male or female, employees or employers, students or retirees, mums or dads, battlers or doing just fine. However, we are all one when we ride.
We are a friendly Chapter, non-political and welcoming of all. You just need a Harley, a H.O.G. membership from Harley-Davidson (free for the 1st year if you've just purchased a brand new Harley) and a Chapter membership from us (only $35).
Simply join here, and Mo, our Membership Officer, will send you all the details including when our next New Member's ride is.
The H.O.G. motto is:
Ride and have fun!